Transcendental meditation, or TM, is a type of meditation that focuses on a mantra, or word or sound that is repeated over and over again to help you focus. The goal of transcendental meditation is to connect with your inner self and find out who you really are. There are many different mantras that can be used for TM, but the most popular one is “Om.”
What is transcendental meditation
Transcendental meditation, or TM, is a type of meditation that was created by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. It is based on the idea that our minds are not just limited to the physical brain, but that there is a higher consciousness within us that we can access through meditation. When you practice TM, you focus on a mantra, or word or sound that is repeated over and over again to help you focus. The goal of transcendental meditation is to connect with your inner self and find out who you really are.
There are many different mantras that can be used for TM, but the most popular one is “Om.” Om is considered to be the most sacred mantra in Hinduism and is said to contain the highest spiritual truth. There are many different variations of Om, but the one most commonly used in TM is “Om-ma-ni-padme-hum” which is Sanskrit for “the jewel in the lotus” or “jewel of awareness.”
TM was created by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and is a non-religious practice that has been shown to have many positive effects.
Spirited Meditation – Learn it here
Benefits of TM
Some of these benefits include, but are not limited to:
• Improved physical health
• Increased enjoyment of life
• Increased self esteem and self concept clarity
• Less stress and more energy during the day
• Reduced anxiety
• Improved mental clarity and cognitive functioning
Om, the most popular mantra used in TM
When you focus on the mantra “Om,” you are focusing on the vibration of the sound. This vibration is said to be the most basic form of energy in the universe and can help to connect you with your inner self. Om is also said to represent the three aspects of the Divine: creation, maintenance, and dissolution.
How to do a simple TM technique
When you are first starting out with TM, it is important to learn the proper technique. Here is a simple way to do it:
1. Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. You can sit in a chair or on the floor, but make sure your back is straight and your neck is relaxed.
2. Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Inhale and exhale deeply and relax your body with each breath.
3. Say the mantra “Om” silently to yourself as you inhale and exhale. You can say it aloud if you prefer, but make sure you are focusing on the sound of the mantra and not the words themselves.
4. Continue to focus on your breath and the mantra “Om” for 15 to 20 minutes. You can set a timer, if you would like, or simply relax and meditate until the time is up.
5. Keep your eyes closed as you slowly open them and gently move your head from side to side. Take a few deep breaths before you stand up again to stretch.
The importance of practicing TM on a regular basis
It is important to practice TM on a regular basis in order to see the most benefits from it. The more you practice, the more connected you will become with your inner self and the more you will learn about who you really are. It is also important to be patient and consistent with your practice. It may take some time for you to feel the effects of TM, but if you stick with it, you will likely notice a difference in your life.
Check out these great websites
MenuMomma. com – for great recipe ideas
Crazycoolpet.com – Love pets and maybe the odd weird one for good measure? Check this site out
Amazingweightloss.info – A Wealth of Weight Loss tips and articles
Stayhere.site – Fancy a vacation or a stay in a hotel somewhere as well as find out about where you are going? Check this site out now.