Below is a listing of upcoming 6-week courses and 1-day creative writing workshops, as well as a weekend writing and yoga retreat which Naomi Seager and I are running at Tilton House in Firle in August.
As always, spaces are limited and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. So, if you'd like to register for a course or workshop, please send me a brief email, or telephone me on 07971 774151.
* NEW! 1-Day Creative Writing Workshop in Mayfield: Although these 1-day workshops run regularly in Lewes and Eastbourne, the first-ever such workshop to be held in Mayfield will run this coming Saturday, 27 March. Location: Rose & Crown Inn, Fletching St. Time: 10 am to 3 pm, with an approximately one-hour-long lunch break, during which time we'll dine together at the Rose & Crown between the morning and afternoon sessions. Fee: £35 (workshop only; does not include lunch). As this is coming up soon, please email or telephone ASAP to register. These workshops run in Mayfield every fourth Saturday of each month; and, so, the next two months' workshops will be held on Saturday, 24 April and 22 May.
* The next 1-Day Creative Writing Workshop in Eastbourne will be held on Saturday, 10 April. Location: The PranaStar Studio, 3a Cornfield Ln. Time: 10 am to 3 pm, with an approximately one-hour-long lunch break. Fee: £35. For planning purposes, there's also another workshop scheduled in Eastbourne for Saturday, 8 May.
* The next 6-Week Creative Writing Course in Lewes begins Wednesday, 14 April. Location: Lewes Subud Centre, 26a Station St. Time: 10 am to 12 noon. Fee: £95.
* The next 1-Day Creative Writing Workshop in Lewes will be held on Saturday, 17 April. Location: Lewes Subud Centre, 26a Station St. Time: 10 am to 3 pm, with an approximately one-hour-long lunch break. Fee: £35. These workshops run in Lewes every third Saturday of each month; the next month's workshop will be held on Saturday, 15 May.
* The next 6-Week Creative Writing Course in Eastbourne begins Sunday, 18 April. Location: The PranaStar Studio, 3a Cornfield Ln. Time: 10 am to 12 noon. Fee: £95.
* NEW! Although the 6-week course in Lewes has been running on Wednesday mornings for a full year, there have been countless requests for an afternoon or a weekend course. So, beginning Sunday, 25 April, we'll be running another ongoing 6-Week Creative Writing Course in Lewes. We're fortunate, too, to have been able to book the same inspiring space that we meet in for both the Wednesday morning classes and the Saturday workshops—the Upper Hall of the Lewes Subud Centre, located at 26a Station St. The Sunday classes will run from 3 to 5 pm. Fee: £95.
* NEW! Weekend Writing & Yoga Retreat in Firle: My good friend Naomi Seager, who runs the PranaStar Studio in Eastbourne, and I are co-leading a two-day residential retreat which will combine yoga and creative writing from Friday evening, 6 August through Sunday evening, 8 August. The retreat will be held at Tilton House, Firle, the former country house of economist John Maynard Keynes and ballerina Lydia Lopokova. The writing workshop part of the retreat will be held in the study which John Maynard Keynes himself added to Tilton House. He said of the place, "There is no better air than here for work." It is indeed a beautiful space, located within a lovely Georgian house, and nestled within the peaceful grounds below Firle Beacon and sharing the same private road as Charleston Farmhouse, made famous, of course, by the Bloomsbury Group of which Keynes was a key member. For the length of the retreat, we'll have the run of the place, with superb meals prepared for us by the Tilton House chef. The all-inclusive retreat fee is £290, including two nights' stay (double-occupancy), meals and all yoga, writing and meditation sessions. As there are only a dozen or so spaces available for this retreat, please contact Naomi ASAP to book this retreat. Naomi can be reached on 07727 124097.